Allen Computing and Business Analysis
Services and Products, Audit and Consultancy, Analytical and Audit Software, Excel Workbooks, Spreadsheet Design, Specialist (open code) Functions, Contact Us, Personnel. Links, User Group
Services and Products
First established 1998. Registered with Companies House 2007.
We now concentrate on research and development of the role of spreaadsheets outside the recognised commercial environment. The role of the website is to act as an information resource concerning the "development" findings arising from earlier commercial activity. Any potential contractual requests should be submitted direct to Stephen Allen.
Services and Products
Audit and Consultancy
- Housing Benefit Subsidy Support - England and Wales only. A range of investigative and audit related services associated with the preparation of a Housing Authority's annual housing benefit subsidy claim and an Excel based package for monitoring the impact of claim adjustments using an expanded model of the DWP Electronic Claim.
- Investigative Analysis and Audit - ACBA specialises in the review of older non-windows based systems using Excel as its analytical tool. The Audit and Investigation Analysis Service page describes in some detail our specialisms.
- Audit Related Resources - including sample templates for use with ACBA-EWP software, miscellaneous models, extracts from seminar presentations and other publications
Analytical and Audit Software
Examples of how Excel workbooks can be designed and used to generate fully functional processes and methodologies without resorting to specialist code developement.
- Project Resource Scheduling and Control
- Arithmetic and Stylistic - template resources
- Auditing Su Doku puzzles - a typical approach to audit and process control
Specialist Excel Functions
An eclectic group of Add-ins and examples of Code developed within ACBA (UK) LTD for its own use and published free for wider availability.
- Post a String - package for manipulating string arrays
- Convert to Single Column - more manipulating string arrays
- Reset to Default - a high speed function for reformatting a pre-selected range back to standard layout
- Merge and Word Wrap - selected cells are merged and word wrapped with specified cells to the right while ensuring that the row height is sufficient to keep the whole string visible
- Auto-delete Rows - built to help clean up databases imported from other sources. Selects and deletes rows based on the value of the first cell in the row.
- Automatic Review of VBA Code in Excel - a complete example of a procedure for reporting the instances of a user specified string within an Excel VB project code.
ACBA Functions - User Group
ACBA maintains a discussion forum for its software product users, who are welcome to join. The forum is moderated by ACBA and covers technical issues, general discussions on methodologies, answers to queries and future developments for ACBA software. Membership is free.
This site is listed with
Copyright © 2002-2014 ACBA (UK) LTD., 38 London Road, Harleston, IP20 9BW
ACBA is a trading name for ACBA (UK) LTD. Registered in England No. 5914968 Registered Office: Market House, Church Street, Harleston, Norfolk, IP20 9BB